Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Why?

Hello and Welcome. I am passionate about value investing and over the years have read the works of several value investors including Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett, Marty Whitman, and Joel Greenblatt to name a few. I am also enrolled in the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program and have passed Level 2 of the curriculum. The ultimate aim is to work under a reputed value investor in the hope that something rubs off. I've also had the opportunity to learn from several blogs, where authors have selflessly shared their ideas and thesis on various subjects. Why Safe and Cheap? Well there are two rules of investing 1) Don't loose money 2) Don't forget rule number 1. Safe because I believe it is absolutely essential to have a strong balance sheet so that the company can survive the downturns and the capital invested is not permanently impaired - the downside is protected. Cheap is just another way of saying margin of safety, where I'll be looking to buy dollar bills for 50 cents - there is minimal upside. On this blog, I will be presenting thesis on various securities that I analyze, study the activities of the 'gurus' and evaluate general market events from the perspective of a value investor.

No comments: